It took me a while and lots of questions on the John Welsford Builders forum to work out how to fit the daggerboard case. That was several months ago. Today someone’s emailed me asking what I did in the end – I can’t remember the details, but I’ve taken some photos and posted them here. Not saying this is the right solution, but it’s what I did. If anyone has other thoughts, please leave a comment!My problem was that if I cut the bottom board (to which the bottom stringers are glued) as the dimensions on the plans implied, I’d cut right through the stringer. This didn’t seem right. But apparently it is.Here’s a photo looking aft and up from below the boat:
Click the image to go to more images, with descriptions, on flickr (See ‘The daggerboard case – (set)).